Ethnobotany – Goldenseal Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) has been used from time immemorial by the North American Indians as a yellow dye and as a bitter tonic. The Cherokee call it Dalanei. “The Indians dye...
- Medical News Today: Trimalleolar fracture: Recovery, surgery, and outlook September 21, 2017Trimalleolar fracture is a specific injury in the ankle, where three areas known as the malleoli break simultaneously. Learn about treatments and recovery.
- Medical News Today: Too much or too little magnesium can raise dementia risk September 21, 2017A recently published study investigates the link between both high and low magnesium serum levels and the risk of developing dementia.
- Medical News Today: The 10 best migraine apps September 21, 2017If you experience migraines, we have found the best apps to help you record your symptoms, identify potential triggers, and reduce pain severity.
- Medical News Today: How do parents influence new genetic mutations in children? September 21, 2017Researchers from Iceland look at how parents' age and sex influences new genetic mutations in children that may lead to rare medical conditions.
- Medical News Today: Papillary urothelial carcinoma: Treatment and outlook September 21, 2017What is papillary urothelial carcinoma? What are the signs of papillary urothelial carcinoma, what are the causes, and what are the risk factors?
- Medical News Today: Cancer risk higher in children with inflammatory bowel disease September 21, 2017Researchers find that childhood inflammatory bowel disease is linked to higher risk of cancer - especially gastrointestinal - that persists into adulthood.
- Medical News Today: Liver fluke: Symptoms and treatment September 21, 2017The liver fluke is a parasite found in the bile ducts and the liver. In this article, we look at the symptoms and diseases they can cause, and prevention.
- Medical News Today: Lung cancer in women: Signs and symptoms September 21, 2017Recent research has suggested that lung cancer affects women differently to men. We look at the types, their causes, symptoms, treatments, and outlook.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014