Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
- Medical News Today: Women now drinking almost as much as men October 25, 2016With gender roles becoming increasingly equal, women are catching up with men in term of alcohol intake and its harmful effects, a new analysis finds.
- Medical News Today: How to Get Rid of a Stye: Treatments and Home Remedies October 25, 2016What are styes, what are the symptoms of a stye, and how do we prevent them? Learn what home remedies and medical treatments are available.
- Medical News Today: Restoring evolutionary fatty acid balance may curb obesity October 25, 2016Researchers suggest that the deviation from the evolutionary balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids is responsible for the rise in global obesity.
- Medical News Today: Blood test could predict pregnancy complications, poor fetal growth October 24, 2016Researchers find that low levels of a protein called DLK1 in the blood of pregnant women could indicate a greater risk of pregnancy complications.
- Medical News Today: Stroke risk higher for younger than older pregnant women October 24, 2016When it comes to stroke risk during pregnancy, a new study suggests younger expectant mothers are at greater risk than older women.
- Medical News Today: Type 1 diabetes: Blocking immune signal may prevent disease onset October 24, 2016Type 1 diabetes occurs when the immune system attacks pancreas cells. Now, scientists suggest blocking some signaling molecules might prevent the attacks.
- Medical News Today: Brown Recluse Spider Bite: Symptoms and Treatment October 24, 2016What are brown recluse spiders and what do their bites look like? Is it possible to prevent being bitten and what treatments are available? Find out here.
- Medical News Today: Youth football players show brain changes after just one season October 24, 2016Researchers have identified changes in white matter in the brains of youth football players after just a single season, despite no diagnosed concussions.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014