Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
- Medical News Today: Omega-3 could help prevent environmentally induced lupus September 30, 2016In mice susceptible to lupus, the omega-3 fatty acid DHA was found to prevent the lung-damaging effects that may arise with exposure to crystalline silica.
- Medical News Today: Hypertension in children, teens linked to poorer cognitive skills September 30, 2016Researchers found that children and adolescents with high blood pressure performed worse on cognitive tests than those with normal blood pressure.
- Medical News Today: How Does Prostate Cancer Affect Sex? September 30, 2016Men having treatment for prostate cancer can have problems with sex. Learn about what causes these problems and what treatments are available.
- Medical News Today: Kidney cancer drug also attacks other cancers September 30, 2016Researchers show axitinib - a drug used against kidney cancer - may also be effective against several other cancers through a different cell mechanism.
- Medical News Today: HPV: How physicians recommend vaccine influences parents' choices September 30, 2016Whether or not a parent chooses to vaccinate their child against HPV may depend on the language their child's physician uses to recommend the vaccine.
- Medical News Today: Marasmus: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment September 30, 2016Marasmus is a form of malnutrition, caused by a shortage of protein and calories in the body. Learn more about its causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- Medical News Today: Epigenetic clock can calculate biological age, predict lifespan September 30, 2016Premature aging has perplexed healthcare workers for years. A newly designed epigenetic clock gives new clues and accurately predicts lifespan.
- Medical News Today: Hunger may motivate us more than thirst, fear, or anxiety September 29, 2016A mouse study reveals that hunger may be a stronger motivating force than a number of other driving states, including fear, anxiety, and social needs.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014