Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
- Medical News Today: What is this pain in the back of my head? February 23, 2018Learn about five causes of pain in the back of the head. We also look at the triggers and treatment options for each of these headache types.
- Medical News Today: What are some itchy beard remedies? February 23, 2018An itchy beard is a common complaint, but what makes it itch? We look at the causes of an itchy beard and reveal seven ways to find relief.
- Medical News Today: What to know about a pimple on the nipple February 23, 2018Pimples on the nipple are common and usually not a cause for concern. Learn about types of bumps on the nipple, treatments, and when to see a doctor.
- Medical News Today: Multiple sclerosis: Skin cells may help to repair nerve damage February 23, 2018Researchers could be on the verge of a new treatment for multiple sclerosis; they reveal how transplanting neural stem cells derived from a patient's own skin could help to repair nerve damage caused by the disease.
- Medical News Today: What are the health benefits of being social? February 23, 2018A quick chat with a friend, a gym session with your colleagues, or a reading group that you attend — how do they impact your health? In this Spotlight, we look at the mental and physical health benefits that socializing can bring.
- Medical News Today: How to get rid of a hard pimple February 23, 2018This article discusses how to get rid of hard pimples. It also looks at different kinds of pimples, their causes, and how to prevent them.
- Medical News Today: What to do about a sinus headache February 23, 2018A look at sinus headache, a condition where the area around the nose becomes painful. Included is detail on home remedies and the potential causes.
- Medical News Today: Could your tears help to diagnose Parkinson's? February 23, 2018A new study suggests that checking alpha-synuclein levels in tear samples may serve as a noninvasive test for Parkinson's disease before symptoms appear.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Tincture Worksheet October 2, 2017
- California Plants Used in Native American Basketry October 2, 2017
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015