Have you heard of Osha (Ligusticum porteri)? I have read a lot about it during the past years, but this is the first year for me to actually work with some fresh roots. It...
- Medical News Today: Raccoon eyes: Causes and treatments August 22, 2017Raccoon eyes are dark circles that appear around the eyes as a symptom of internal bleeding. A number of different conditions can lead to raccoon eyes.
- Medical News Today: Skin cancer and rashes: Cancerous and precancerous lesions August 22, 2017A rash can be a sign of skin cancer. Find out the differences between cancerous and non-cancerous rashes, and the types of cancer that cause them.
- Medical News Today: How do vegetarian diets affect cholesterol levels? August 22, 2017Long-term plant-based diets lower total cholesterol, suggests a new review and meta-analysis of observational studies and clinical trials.
- Medical News Today: Gut bacteria-produced compound may stave off aging August 22, 2017A new study shows that a class of chemical compounds produced by gut bacteria and found in broccoli combats aging and considerably extends 'healthspan.'
- Medical News Today: Avocado seed husk may help to treat heart disease, cancer August 21, 2017Most of us discard avocado seeds without a second thought, but a new study finds that the husk of these seeds may hold a treasure trove of health benefits.
- Medical News Today: McDonald criteria: MS diagnosis guidelines August 21, 2017Learn about the McDonald criteria. What is dissemination in space, what is dissemination in time, and what additional data are used for diagnosis?
- Medical News Today: Multiple sclerosis: Are we close to a cure? August 21, 2017Discoveries and breakthroughs in multiple sclerosis research are building momentum, but just how close are we to finding a cure? We investigate.
- Medical News Today: Osteoporosis: Potential new drug target uncovered August 21, 2017A new study finds that targeting the body's aging-related cells maintains and increases bone formation and improves bone mass and strength in aging mice.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014