- Medical News Today: Hormonal contraceptives may raise depression risk September 28, 2016The use of hormonal contraceptives was linked to higher risk of depression and antidepressant use in a new study, especially for teenage girls.
- Medical News Today: What is hyperbaric oxygen therapy good for? September 28, 2016Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is known as a cure for SCUBA divers with decompression illness, but it can be used for other conditions. Find out more.
- Medical News Today: Cell reprogramming discovery may lead to treatments for eye diseases September 28, 2016By transferring genes into mammalian Müller glial cells, scientists turn them into stem cells that may replenish lost and damaged retinal neurons.
- Medical News Today: Cancer and Genetics: What's the Connection? September 28, 2016Some cancer cases occur in someone who's inherited a genetic mutation. Learn more about genetic testing and forms of cancer that can be hereditary.
- Medical News Today: ALS: Breakthrough discovery of destructive brain cells September 28, 2016Breakthrough research has discovered that a cell that usually supports motor neuron function can become destructive and cause cell death in ALS patients.
- Medical News Today: Economic hardships pave the way to cognitive aging September 28, 2016The effect of poverty on cognitive aging is clearer than many believed. It also appears to begin earlier in life than previously thought, too.
- Medical News Today: Are statins the best cholesterol-lowering drug? Study investigates September 27, 2016Researchers have reviewed both statin and nonstatin therapies in an attempt to determine how they impact cholesterol levels and cardiovascular risk.
- Medical News Today: Manuka honey could stave off catheter-associated UTIs September 27, 2016Manuka honey shows promise for tackling catheter-associated urinary tract infections, after a study found it halted the formation of bacterial biofilms.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014