- Medical News Today: Antioxidant suppression eradicates pancreatic cancer cells July 29, 2016Researchers from Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory demonstrate a drug therapy that suppresses antioxidants, resulting in the death of pancreatic cancer cells.
- Medical News Today: Gluten sensitivity: Biological mechanism uncovered July 29, 2016A new study opposes the idea that non-celiac gluten sensitivity does not exist, after identifying a biological explanation for the condition.
- Medical News Today: Locking doors in mental health hospitals does not lower suicide rate July 29, 2016Whether mental health care centers have a locked or open door policy does not appear to impact rates of absconding or attempting suicide, says a study.
- Medical News Today: Okra: Health Benefits and Nutritional Information July 29, 2016Learn all about the health benefits and nutritional content of okra. As well as the benefits, this article offers some okra recipe suggestions.
- Medical News Today: Alzheimer's drug shows promise for patients in phase III trial July 29, 2016Researchers complete the first ever phase III trial of a drug that reduces formation of tau 'tangles' in the brain, offering hope to Alzheimer's patients.
- Medical News Today: What is a Hiatal Hernia? July 29, 2016Learn all about hiatal hernias, where part of the stomach pushes through the diaphragm. This page looks at hiatal hernia causes, symptoms, and treatment.
- Medical News Today: App trains healthcare professionals to detect early stage skin cancer July 29, 2016A new app helps doctors learn to assess and detect skin cancer at early stages, lowering risks and reducing unnecessary referrals.
- Medical News Today: Just 1 hour of exercise offsets health risks of prolonged sitting July 28, 2016A study analyzing trends in global physical activity finds that health risks associated with sitting for 8 hours can be eliminated by 1 hour of exercise.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014