- Medical News Today: Youth football players show brain changes after just one season October 24, 2016Researchers have identified changes in white matter in the brains of youth football players after just a single season, despite no diagnosed concussions.
- Medical News Today: Sudden infant death syndrome: New safe sleep guidelines issued October 24, 2016The American Academy of Pediatrics have issued updated safe sleep recommendations to help parents protect their infants against sudden unexpected death.
- Medical News Today: Is tuberculosis an autoimmune disease? October 23, 2016A new review suggests tuberculosis could trigger autoimmunity, after finding tuberculosis bacteria 'trick' the immune system into damaging the lungs.
- Medical News Today: Black Widow Spider Bite: Symptoms and Treatment October 23, 2016Why do black widow spiders bite humans and what do their bites look like? Learn what to do if bitten and how to recognize the symptoms.
- Medical News Today: Fitness, not physical activity, mitigates negative effects of prolonged sitting October 23, 2016Physical activity has numerous health benefits. However, a new study suggests that fitness, not physical activity, reduces cardiovascular risk factors.
- Medical News Today: Onion compound suppresses ovarian cancer cell proliferation October 22, 2016The list of onions' health benefits has a new addition, after researchers have discovered that an onion compound has anti-ovarian cancer effects.
- Medical News Today: Hunger 'not linked to calorie intake' October 22, 2016A review of more than 460 studies finds that there is no solid link between how hungry we feel and the amount of calories we consume.
- Medical News Today: Protein C Deficiency: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment October 22, 2016What is protein C deficiency and what are the causes? Learn how to look for symptoms, when to see a doctor, and the available treatments.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014