The author, Michael Moore was a very influential medicinal herbalist, author of several reference works on botanical medicine, and founder of the Southwest School of Botanical Medicine in New Mexico. Los Remedios was written...
- Medical News Today: What is poliosis? November 23, 2017Learn all about poliosis, a condition where white spots or streaks appear in the hair. This article examines the symptoms, causes, and treatment options.
- Medical News Today: Neurodegeneration: New cell death mechanism revealed November 23, 2017New research uncovers the mechanism by which brain cells die in neurodegenerative conditions such as dementia and Parkinson's disease.
- Medical News Today: Eating out may mean eating more this Thanksgiving November 23, 2017If you're planning to enjoy your Thanksgiving meal in a restaurant this year, watch out; the delicious aromas may up your food intake.
- Medical News Today: Can you eat just one meal a day? November 23, 2017The one meal a day diet is a popular diet plan that claims to help people lose weight through intermittent fasting. Is it safe and effective? We find out.
- Medical News Today: Immune cells cross blood-brain barrier in multiple sclerosis November 23, 2017A new study in a mouse model of MS reveals two ways in which Th1 and Th17 immune cells cross the blood-barrier to attack the central nervous system.
- Medical News Today: What foods to eat if you have diarrhea November 23, 2017A limited diet can help a person reduce the symptoms of diarrhea. In this article, learn what foods to eat, what foods to avoid, and when to see a doctor.
- Medical News Today: What to know about monophasic birth control November 23, 2017Learn about the monophasic birth control pill, a form of contraception. This article examines its uses, benefits, and possible side effects.
- Medical News Today: Is the egg diet effective? November 23, 2017There are several versions of the egg diet, all of which involve eating eggs as the main source of protein and restricting other foods. Is it safe?
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Tincture Worksheet October 2, 2017
- California Plants Used in Native American Basketry October 2, 2017
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015