OVERVIEW Herpes simplex virus (HSV) belongs to the human herpes virus group that includes HSV-1, HSV-2, and Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) among others. HSV is a recurrent viral infection that remains dormant in the nervous...
- Medical News Today: Enterocolitis: Causes, symptoms, and treatment July 24, 2017Enterocolitis is an inflammation in the gut. Learn about the different types, how it develops, the symptoms, how it is diagnosed, and how it is treated.
- Medical News Today: Alzheimer's: New brain cell loss mechanism uncovered July 24, 2017The discovery could 'spur a new area of Alzheimer's disease research,' say the scientists, who found a new pathway of neuronal loss in the condition.
- Medical News Today: Innovative technique developed to produce antibodies July 24, 2017An international team of scientists has discovered a method to generate human antibodies in a laboratory, which could be used to treat many diseases.
- Medical News Today: Our 'attachment style' reflected in Facebook use, study finds July 24, 2017Attachment style is thought to play a role in one-to-one relationships. Now, a new study suggests that it also applies to social networks such as Facebook.
- Medical News Today: Anovulation: Definition, symptoms, and treatment July 24, 2017Anovulation is when a woman does not ovulate. Periods may become irregular or absent. In this article, we look at symptoms and treatments options.
- Medical News Today: Folliculitis: Causes, symptoms, and treatment July 24, 2017In this article learn about folliculitis. What is it, what causes it, and what are the risk factors? How is folliculitis diagnosed and can it be prevented?
- Medical News Today: Back acne: How to get rid of it July 24, 2017Back acne can be a frustrating condition that may cause discomfort and low self-esteem. Learn how to get rid of back acne and how to prevent it in future.
- Medical News Today: How can doctors share bad news with patients? July 24, 2017Research shows that physicians are sometimes reluctant to have difficult conversations with their patients. Experienced physicians share their tips.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014