OVERVIEW Herpes simplex virus (HSV) belongs to the human herpes virus group that includes HSV-1, HSV-2, and Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) among others. HSV is a recurrent viral infection that remains dormant in the nervous...
- Medical News Today: Discoid lupus: Symptoms, causes, and treatment September 20, 2017In this article, learn about discoid lupus. What are the symptoms of discoid lupus, how is it diagnosed, can it be prevented, and how might it be managed?
- Medical News Today: Boosting cancer-killing cells through oxygen starvation September 20, 2017Researchers show that growing cytotoxic T cells under low oxygen conditions enhances their anti-cancer activity in mice and may have clinical potential.
- Medical News Today: Nephroptosis: Causes, diagnosis, and treatment September 20, 2017A floating or mobile kidney is medically known as nephroptosis. In this article, we learn about causes, risk factors, and complications for this condition.
- Medical News Today: What is an avulsion fracture? Treatment and recovery September 20, 2017An avulsion fracture is when a tendon or ligament pulls a piece of fractured bone away. In this article, we look at the causes, treatments, and outlook.
- Medical News Today: Pets and pests could stave off childhood asthma September 20, 2017New research suggests that exposing children before the age of 3 to some pet and pest allergens can significantly lower their risk of developing asthma.
- Medical News Today: Immune markers may predict multiple sclerosis severity September 20, 2017Two related cytokines may signal which individuals will progress to the severe form of MS more rapidly. The finding could aid drug research.
- Medical News Today: Eosinophilic asthma: Symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment September 20, 2017Eosinophilic asthma is a type of severe asthma. It is caused by high levels of certain white blood cells. We look at symptoms and treatments.
- Medical News Today: Bioidentical hormones: Uses, benefits, and risks September 19, 2017In this article, learn about bioidentical hormones. What are they, how are they used, what are compounded hormones, and what are the risks?
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014