Ear infections Ear infections were the number one illness responsible for nearly 7% of all pediatric visits in 2007 between January and September. (1) In a recent clinical study researchers found that antibiotics are...
- Medical News Today: Traction alopecia: Symptoms and prevention January 18, 2018Traction alopecia is hair loss caused by tight hairstyles. Caught early, it is fully reversible and the hair can regrow. Learn more about treatment.
- Medical News Today: Are our weight loss efforts doomed to fail? January 18, 2018So many of us try so hard to reach the ideal body weight that we desire, but the question is: once we achieve our weight goal, can we maintain it?
- Medical News Today: Cannabis: Brain alterations may explain feelings of alienation January 18, 2018New research examines the effects of heavy cannabis use on brain activity, behavior, and feelings of negative emotionality such as alienation.
- Medical News Today: The 10 best blogs for eating disorders January 18, 2018If you or a loved one live with an eating disorder, helpful advice and support from those in a similar situation can be gained from eating disorder blogs.
- Medical News Today: Scientists create new molecule to combat pain January 18, 2018A decoy molecule that interrupts reactions that occur at the site of an injury could lead to new pain drugs that do not involve the central nervous system.
- Medical News Today: Turmeric for IBS: Does it work? January 18, 2018We look at the claims that turmeric can help symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), discuss how it may be used, and if there are risks.
- Medical News Today: 10 rashes caused by ulcerative colitis January 18, 2018This article looks at skin conditions that are related to ulcerative colitis, including psoriasis, vitiligo, and hives. Learn about causes and prevention.
- Medical News Today: Which Fitzpatrick skin type are you? January 18, 2018Fitzpatrick skin typing is a way of classifying different types of skin. What does a person's Fitzpatrick skin type tell us about their skin?
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Tincture Worksheet October 2, 2017
- California Plants Used in Native American Basketry October 2, 2017
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015