Its Latin name, Trifolium pretense, means “three leaves, found in the meadow”. Red clover is a source of many nutrients including calcium, chromium, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, and vitamin C. Red clover is...
- Medical News Today: Yellow nail syndrome: Symptoms, causes, and treatment August 23, 2017Yellow nail syndrome is a complex, potentially painful disorder. In this article, learn about the potential causes and risk factors.
- Medical News Today: Tinnitus could be worsened by antidepressant use August 23, 2017Research suggests that selective-serotonin reuptake inhibitors - a common class of antidepressants - could lead to the exacerbation of tinnitus.
- Medical News Today: Fasting before a blood test: What you need to know August 23, 2017For some kinds of blood tests, the patient may be required to fast beforehand. In this article, learn about fasting for blood tests.
- Medical News Today: Vitamin B linked to increased lung cancer risk August 23, 2017A study using data from more than 77,000 participants looks at the links between long-term vitamin B supplementation and lung cancer risk.
- Medical News Today: Gut bacteria influence the brain indirectly, study shows August 22, 2017A new study shows that some gut bacteria influence the brain through blood cortisol. This might have implications for ASD, but further studies are needed.
- Medical News Today: Microcytic anemia: Symptoms, types, and treatment August 22, 2017What is microcytic anemia and what are the symptoms of microcytic anemia? Learn about the causes, treatment and how to prevent anemia in babies.
- Medical News Today: Afternoon slump explained by brain's 'reward center' August 22, 2017A neuroscientific study suggests that the brain's reward-processing hub, controlled by our body clock, drives us into an energy slump around 2 p.m.
- Medical News Today: Caffeine may reduce surgical pain caused by poor sleep August 22, 2017Lack of sleep immediately prior to surgery may worsen postoperative pain, but caffeine may help to offset this effect, according to a new study in rats.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014