- Medical News Today: Simple Home Remedies for Cold Sores July 25, 2016Learn all about a number of home remedies for cold sores. This article also looks at prescribed medication and cold sore prevention tips.
- Medical News Today: Chimp-carried HIV strains can be transferred to humans, study confirms July 25, 2016Researchers from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln confirm that strains of chimp-carried SIVs can infect human cells and subsequently mutate.
- Medical News Today: Iron deficiency puts a third of pregnant women at risk of complications July 25, 2016New research finds around 35 percent of pregnant women have iron deficiency, increasing their risk of pregnancy complications, such as miscarriage.
- Medical News Today: Autoimmune Diseases: All You Need to Know July 24, 2016Learn about autoimmune diseases, whereby the immune system attacks healthy cells in the body. Examples include celiac disease and type 1 diabetes.
- Medical News Today: Chronic fatigue symptoms triggered by nerve, muscle strain July 24, 2016Nerve and muscle strain may prompt symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, find researchers, suggesting such symptoms could be eased with physical therapy.
- Medical News Today: Parkinson's: Mutant gene interaction may pave the way for new treatments July 24, 2016Research that has discovered an interaction between mutant LRRK2 gene and alpha-synuclein may lead to new treatments for Parkinson’s disease, study says.
- Medical News Today: Quitting smoking may lower alcohol intake July 23, 2016Researchers find smokers who have attempted to quit in the past week drink less alcohol than those who have not tried to give up smoking.
- Medical News Today: List of Common Types of Allergy Medicine July 23, 2016This article lists some common medicines for allergies, including seasonal, food, and skin allergies. Symptoms and prevention tips are also included.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014