- Medical News Today: Coma patient's brain 'jump-started' using ultrasound August 24, 2016Currently, there are limited options for treating coma patients. Ultrasound could become a low price, noninvasive option of the future.
- Medical News Today: Five bizarre medical conditions you might not know about August 24, 2016From feeling like a zombie to having a hand that tries to choke you, we take a look at five of the strangest and rarest medical conditions to exist.
- Medical News Today: Cancer treatment side effects influenced by patient expectations August 24, 2016Study of breast cancer patients whose treatment included tamoxifen finds their expectations influenced number and severity of experienced side effects.
- Medical News Today: Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia: Get the Facts August 24, 2016Learn all about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of autoimmune hemolytic anemia, a condition where the immune system destroys red blood cells.
- Medical News Today: Zika clone promises to assist vaccine development August 24, 2016Viruses are notoriously difficult to predict. A newly designed Zika clone might be the tool needed to produce a reliable vaccine and halt the pandemic.
- Medical News Today: Test that differentiates between bacterial, viral infections in development August 24, 2016A test could be developed to distinguish between bacterial and viral infections after scientists identified two genes switched on in bacterial infections.
- Medical News Today: Flu Shot: Side Effects, Facts, Things to Consider August 24, 2016Does the flu shot cause side effects? This article looks at what the flu shot is, how safe it is, and when people should get this vaccine.
- Medical News Today: Autism risk increased with prenatal exposure to banned chemicals August 23, 2016Exposure to organochlorines - chemicals banned in the U.S. in the 1970s - in pregnancy may increase offspring's autism risk by 80 percent, study finds.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014