I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: Searching for the perfect Christmas gift? Why you might get it wrong December 10, 2016You might try to avoid buying your friends and family cliché gifts this Christmas, but new research suggests that might be exactly what they want.
- Medical News Today: How Can Vitamin D Help With Psoriasis? December 10, 2016What is vitamin D and how is it linked to UVB? Learn how to get more vitamin D and how other vitamins and supplements may help with psoriasis.
- Medical News Today: Could turning white fat to brown hold key to new obesity treatment? December 10, 2016White fat is linked to obesity, but brown fat uses up energy. Find out how scientists discovered the secret to converting bad fat to good.
- Medical News Today: Study investigates how to turn stem cells into motor neurons December 9, 2016A team of researchers investigates details of the cellular mechanisms involved in transforming a stem cell into a motor neuron, through direct programming.
- Medical News Today: Marijuana: Could it slow Parkinson's disease progression? December 9, 2016A new comprehensive literature review suggests symptoms of Parkinson's disease could be treated with marijuana, which could potentially slow progression.
- Medical News Today: Psychosis: Link to brain inflammation antibodies raises new treatment hope December 9, 2016Study reveals that encephalitis-causing antibodies - such as against NMDAR - are present in some people with a first episode of psychosis.
- Medical News Today: Bipolar Disorder and Depression: What Are the Differences? December 9, 2016Bipolar disorder and depression have some similarities, and these similarities can make diagnosis hard. Learn about differences in symptoms and treatment.
- Medical News Today: HPV in Men: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment December 9, 2016HPV is often associated with women, but men can get it too. Learn about its symptoms, links to a number of cancers, causes, and treatments.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Datura stramonium (D. stramonium) November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014