I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: Mammography vs. thermography: Comparing the benefits March 29, 2017Mammography and thermography are two methods of detecting abnormalities that may indicate breast cancer. Learn more in this article.
- Medical News Today: Skin diseases: List of common conditions and symptoms March 29, 2017In this article, learn about permanent skin diseases, temporary skin diseases, internal skin diseases, and skin diseases for different age groups.
- Medical News Today: Best insulin injection sites: Absorption time and rotation March 29, 2017Find out about the benefits of common insulin injection locations used to manage diabetes. We cover the abdomen, upper arms, thighs, and lower back.
- Medical News Today: 'Groundbreaking' technology enables quadriplegic man to move his limbs March 29, 2017Using neuroprosthetic technology, scientists have enabled a man who had been quadriplegic for 8 years to move his limbs and perform daily tasks.
- Medical News Today: Drinking tea could help stave off cognitive decline March 28, 2017A new study suggests that regular tea consumption may reduce the risk of cognitive decline, especially for those at genetic risk of Alzheimer's disease.
- Medical News Today: Clinical trial finds that vitamin D, calcium have no effect on cancer risk March 28, 2017A double-blind, randomized clinical trial tests the effect of vitamin D and calcium supplementation on cancer risk in postmenopausal women.
- Medical News Today: Zika virus: Cure steps closer with protein-mapping study March 28, 2017By mapping the function of a key protein that helps the Zika virus replicate and spread, researchers open a path that could lead to new drugs to stop it.
- Medical News Today: How to manage diabetes with basal-bolus insulin therapy March 28, 2017What is a basal-bolus insulin regimen and what are the advantages and disadvantages? what is basal insulin and what is bolus insulin?
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014