I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: How sitting in traffic jams can harm your health August 29, 2016Levels of air pollution are high in traffic jams and at traffic-light controlled intersections. Closing the windows and turning off the fan can help.
- Medical News Today: Should I Worry About a Cherry Angioma? Get the Facts August 29, 2016Cherry angiomas are small, benign skin growths made of small blood vessels. Learn about what they look like, when to see a doctor, and treatment.
- Medical News Today: Replacing old memories with new for people who fear spiders August 29, 2016Triggering, interrupting, and resaving the memory of something unpleasant may help people to lose their phobia of spiders or other sources of anxiety.
- Medical News Today: All You Need to Know About Nephritis August 28, 2016Learn all about nephritis, a condition where the kidney becomes inflamed. This article looks at the causes, symptoms, and treatment of nephritis.
- Medical News Today: Understanding the unhappy side of serotonin August 28, 2016Antidepressants improve mood by boosting serotonin levels, but serotonin can have negative effects, too. Scientists have been exploring why this happens.
- Medical News Today: Baby simulator programs 'increase teen pregnancy risk, not reduce it' August 28, 2016Instead of lowering the risk of teenage pregnancy, baby simulator-based programs increase pregnancy risk among adolescents, a new study finds.
- Medical News Today: Coffee intake depends on gene variation, study suggests August 27, 2016The amount of coffee a person drinks each day could be down to a particular genetic variant that affects caffeine metabolism, new research finds.
- Medical News Today: Peritonitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment August 27, 2016Learn all about the symptoms, causes, and treatment of peritonitis, an urgent problem affecting the tissue around the inside of the belly wall.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014