I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: Transgender identity 'should not be classified as a mental disorder' July 27, 2016A new study finds that mental health issues among transgender individuals are largely triggered by stigma, rather than transgender identity itself.
- Medical News Today: The dangers of physical inactivity revisited in 45-year study July 27, 2016In the longest study of its type, researchers conclude: 'Low physical capacity is a greater risk for death than high blood pressure or high cholesterol.'
- Medical News Today: Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease: What to Expect July 27, 2016Learn all about hand, foot, and mouth disease, a childhood illness. This article looks at the causes, symptoms, treatment, and prevention of HFMD.
- Medical News Today: Colorectal cancer: Minimally invasive, triple-therapy patch destroys tumors July 26, 2016A patch that could be administered directly to the site of a colorectal tumor is shown to treat tumors with three lines of therapy - drug, gene, and photo.
- Medical News Today: Decline in U.S. early term birth rates, labor induction, cesarean delivery July 26, 2016Late preterm and early term births declined in the United States; a decline in early term birth rates are linked with decreasing obstetric intervention.
- Medical News Today: Aging accelerated by menopause, insomnia July 26, 2016Researchers claim to have answered the long-debated question about whether aging causes menopause or menopause causes aging; the latter appears to be true.
- Medical News Today: Dysplasia: What You Need to Know July 26, 2016Learn all about the causes, symptoms, and treatment of dysplasia, whereby abnormal cells can lead to the growth of enlarged tissue or precancerous cells.
- Medical News Today: High numbers of black youths killed by police 'reflect excess exposure' July 26, 2016Published this week: a fresh and thorough study looking at why black youths appear to be disproportionately killed or injured by American police.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014