I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: Chewing your food could protect against infection January 20, 2017New research finds that chewing food can trigger the oral release of Th17 cells - a type of immune cell that can help to protect against infection.
- Medical News Today: Early-life asthma may contribute to childhood obesity January 20, 2017A new study examines the link between early-life asthma and the risk of developing obesity in childhood. The research also investigates asthma medication.
- Medical News Today: Could statins help to reduce blood clots in veins? January 20, 2017A research review suggests that statins - commonly used for reducing cholesterol to prevent cardiovascular disease - may also prevent blood clots in veins.
- Medical News Today: Prune Juice: Health Benefits and Nutritional Information January 20, 2017Learn about the major nutrients found in prunes, the amount of dietary fiber, and their medical properties. Should prune juice be given to children?
- Medical News Today: Protein deficiency may explain kidney disease January 20, 2017A new study investigates the link between the circulating protein called 'soluble Klotho' and the risk of declining kidney function.
- Medical News Today: Examining inflammation and gut bacteria in type 1 diabetes January 20, 2017Evidence for the role of gut bacteria and inflammation in the etiology of type 1 diabetes is steadily mounting. Breaking research adds more detail.
- Medical News Today: Acute Coronary Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment January 20, 2017Learn about different types of acute coronary syndrome and associated risk factors. How is it diagnosed and are there lifestyle changes that can help?
- Medical News Today: Alzheimer's protein buildup disrupts the brain's navigation center January 19, 2017New research suggests that a buildup of tau - a hallmark of Alzheimer's - interferes with the brain's GPS, explaining why some Alzheimer's patients wander.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014