I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: Men's mental health influenced by blood pressure, heart rate in adolescence October 27, 2016High blood pressure and high heart rate experienced in male teenage years may lead to an increased risk of OCD, schizophrenia, and anxiety disorders.
- Medical News Today: Stroke vs. Aneurysm: What is the Difference? October 27, 2016What is a stroke, what is an aneurysm, and are they connected? Learn about the telltale symptoms, risk factors and how they may be treated.
- Medical News Today: Survival after gunshot injuries predicted with new tool October 27, 2016An innovative medical tool might help hospitals and families make better decisions regarding treatment for patients with brain injury due to gunshots.
- Medical News Today: Sleep loss alters gut microbiota October 26, 2016A small study of healthy men found just 2 days of sleep loss were associated with changes in gut microbiota that previous studies have linked to obesity.
- Medical News Today: Deaf awareness: Communication made simple October 26, 2016Deaf awareness is not complicated, but it is important. Without a solid understanding, deaf and hard-of-hearing people can be excluded and become isolated.
- Medical News Today: Cranberry extract disrupts spread of hard-to-treat bacteria October 26, 2016Scientists discover that compounds found in cranberries restrict the spread of hard-to-treat bacteria by disrupting their cell-to-cell communications.
- Medical News Today: Are There Any Health Benefits to Drinking Alkaline Water? October 26, 2016What is alkaline water and is it safe to drink? Learn if alkaline water may help with differing health conditions or more serious diseases.
- Medical News Today: Early intervention for parents of children with autism reduces symptoms October 26, 2016Kids with autism whose parents took part in an early intervention - focusing on how to communicate with the child - showed reduced symptoms 6 years later.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014