I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: Ischemic stroke: Causes, symptoms, and risk factors June 26, 2017An ischemic stroke is caused by a blood clot or plaque buildup. Strokes have several signs that can alert someone to the need for emergency care.
- Medical News Today: Why does light keep us awake and darkness make us sleepy? June 26, 2017New research investigates the effect of a light-responsive protein on regulating sleep and wakefulness patterns in zebrafish, our fellow diurnal animals.
- Medical News Today: Could an epilepsy drug help to slow Alzheimer's? June 26, 2017A drug used to reduce seizures has been found to normalize brain wave frequencies in patients with Alzheimer's. Could this drug help to slow the disease?
- Medical News Today: Are current exercise guidelines too demanding? June 26, 2017Fitting in the recommended amount of exercise is a challenge in our busy lives. Are there health benefits associated with doing less exercise? We find out.
- Medical News Today: Early menopause: Eating vegetable protein tied to lower risk June 26, 2017New research finds that eating three to four daily servings of foods rich in vegetable proteins is linked to a lower incidence of early menopause in women.
- Medical News Today: Contact dermatitis: Triggers and treatment June 26, 2017The unpleasant itching of contact dermatitis may be experienced by everyone once in their lifetime, but what is it? How can it be treated?
- Medical News Today: What is hematopoietic stem cell transplantation? June 26, 2017Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation is approved for use in treating some types of cancer and is an experimental treatment for autoimmune diseases.
- Medical News Today: Marriage, fatherhood may cause men to gain weight June 26, 2017Being married or becoming a father may cause men to gain weight, new research finds. Getting a divorce, however, may lead to weight loss.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014