I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: A boy or a girl? Baby's sex may influence mother's immunity February 19, 2017New research shows an association between the sex of the fetus and different immune responses in pregnant women. Pregnancy with girls may affect immunity.
- Medical News Today: Carbs help the body recover after intense workout February 19, 2017A review of existing research suggests eating carbohydrates either during or immediately after intense exercise helps the body's immune system to recover.
- Medical News Today: Acid reflux and coughing: What's the connection? February 19, 2017How might acid reflux lead to coughing and how is this diagnosed? Learn about treatments, prevention methods, and other causes of chronic coughing.
- Medical News Today: Best eye drops for people with itchy eyes February 18, 2017In this article, learn about what eye drops are available for itchy eyes, when eye drops should be used, and when people should see a doctor.
- Medical News Today: Researcher investigates why mothers sing to their babies February 18, 2017Mothers from all human societies sing to their babies. Why do they do this, and is it important? One researcher is determined to find out.
- Medical News Today: Oxytocin may boost paternal behavior February 18, 2017The 'love hormone' is known to promote mother-child bonding, but new research indicates that it could do the same for a father and their offspring.
- Medical News Today: Tips for finding motivation with depression February 18, 2017Learn about the benefits of physical activity for people with depression, how socializing may help, and what depression triggers should be avoided.
- Medical News Today: Babies with gut yeast may be at risk of asthma February 17, 2017A new study suggests a fungus known as Pichia - found in babies' guts - may increase the risk of developing childhood asthma, if acquired in early life.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014