I needed to do some research lately, as one of our friends came down with rapid heartbeat, constant sweating, general weakness and fatigue etc – the typical symptoms of an overactive thyroid. The rapid...
- Medical News Today: High-zinc diet may raise risk of C. difficile infection September 26, 2016Too much zinc in the diet may alter gut microbiota, increasing susceptibility to Clostridium difficile infection, especially for those using antibiotics.
- Medical News Today: Morning sickness linked to lower risk of pregnancy loss September 26, 2016Although morning sickness can significantly impact a pregnant woman's life, new research shows that it could signify a healthy pregnancy.
- Medical News Today: Heart disease: Genetic risk score may help earlier prediction September 26, 2016Study shows how using genetic risk scores - from DNA profiles - improves prediction of coronary heart disease relative to traditional clinical risk scores.
- Medical News Today: Sauna: What are the Health Benefits? September 26, 2016Saunas have been used for hundreds of years, and spending time in a sauna can feel good. Learn about further health benefits to be had beyond relaxation.
- Medical News Today: Preterm, low-birth-weight babies more likely for women with hearing loss September 26, 2016Hearing loss may increase a woman's risk of giving birth prematurely or having a baby with a low birth weight, according to a new study.
- Medical News Today: Hormonal Acne: Causes, Types, and Treatment September 26, 2016Acne is sometimes called hormonal acne because of how the skin problem develops in response to hormonal changes. Learn about its treatment and symptoms.
- Medical News Today: Alopecia: Hair growth restored with new drug September 26, 2016Clinical trials conducted by Columbia University Medical Center find that JAK inhibitors may trigger hair regrowth in people with alopecia areata.
- Medical News Today: Inflammation turns mitochondria into toxic factories September 25, 2016Researchers discover how macrophages stop mitochondria from producing energy and coerce them into producing harmful products during inflammation.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014