Oral Thrush is caused by infection due to Candida Albicans yeast. This Candida fungus is normally already present in the oral cavity and the digestive tract. Your baby may be naturally protected even before...
- Medical News Today: Baby simulator programs 'increase teen pregnancy risk, not reduce it' August 28, 2016Instead of lowering the risk of teenage pregnancy, baby simulator-based programs increase pregnancy risk among adolescents, a new study finds.
- Medical News Today: All You Need to Know About Nephritis August 28, 2016Learn all about nephritis, a condition where the kidney becomes inflamed. This article looks at the causes, symptoms, and treatment of nephritis.
- Medical News Today: Understanding the unhappy side of serotonin August 28, 2016Antidepressants improve mood by boosting serotonin levels, but serotonin can have negative effects, too. Scientists have been exploring why this happens.
- Medical News Today: Soluble corn fiber may improve women's bone health August 27, 2016Two studies have shown that soluble corn fiber supplements can help build and retain calcium in the bones of adolescent and postmenopausal women.
- Medical News Today: Coffee intake depends on gene variation, study suggests August 27, 2016The amount of coffee a person drinks each day could be down to a particular genetic variant that affects caffeine metabolism, new research finds.
- Medical News Today: Peritonitis: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment August 27, 2016Learn all about the symptoms, causes, and treatment of peritonitis, an urgent problem affecting the tissue around the inside of the belly wall.
- Medical News Today: Marijuana use leads to laziness, study suggests August 26, 2016Rats given THC - a psychoactive compound in marijuana - were less willing to complete a difficult cognitive task in order to receive a greater reward.
- Medical News Today: Reducing prescription opioid addiction by switching receptors August 26, 2016Addiction to opioid painkillers has risen rapidly over the last decade. Could its addictive power be reduced by switching to a different receptor subtype?
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014