Oral Thrush is caused by infection due to Candida Albicans yeast. This Candida fungus is normally already present in the oral cavity and the digestive tract. Your baby may be naturally protected even before...
- Medical News Today: Inflammation turns mitochondria into toxic factories September 25, 2016Researchers discover how macrophages stop mitochondria from producing energy and coerce them into producing harmful products during inflammation.
- Medical News Today: Nicotine has the potential to prevent brain aging, study suggests September 25, 2016The addictive chemical nicotine may have a positive role in the brain; researchers suggest it could protect against age-related neurodegeneration.
- Medical News Today: Depression After Abortion: Understanding and Coping September 25, 2016Having an abortion may be followed by feelings of grief, loss, or regret, which could lead to a type of depression. Learn about the symptoms and treatment.
- Medical News Today: Antidepressant success affected by environmental conditions September 24, 2016Researchers reveal why antidepressants work in some patients but not others. Their findings show antidepressant effectiveness may depend on environment.
- Medical News Today: Hormone changes during menstrual cycle alter problem-solving strategies September 24, 2016Research demonstrates that women's problem solving ability is not altered by hormone fluctuations, but it is handled by different parts of the brain.
- Medical News Today: Hookworm Infection: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment September 24, 2016Hookworm is an intestinal parasite that is the cause of millions of infections worldwide. Learn about the symptoms and treatment of these infections here.
- Medical News Today: City design, transport may reduce global burden of disease and injury September 23, 2016Researchers reveal how changes to city design and transport across the globe could reduce the burden of road accidents, CVD, and type 2 diabetes.
- Medical News Today: ALS could be prevented with technique that halts protein clumping September 23, 2016SOD1 gene mutations form protein clumps, leading to motor neuron degeneration in ALS, but researchers may have found a way to halt this process.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014