Oral Thrush is caused by infection due to Candida Albicans yeast. This Candida fungus is normally already present in the oral cavity and the digestive tract. Your baby may be naturally protected even before...
- Medical News Today: 'Airway-on-a-chip' could yield new treatments for COPD October 27, 2016Researchers have developed an 'airway-on-a-chip' that can test the effects of various smoking patterns on living human airway cells.
- Medical News Today: Phantom limb pain relieved using brain-machine interface October 27, 2016The pain felt in an amputated limb can be significant and disruptive. Despite its origins being poorly understood, new research sheds new light.
- Medical News Today: Treating children's peanut allergy via skin patch shows promise in trial October 27, 2016Clinical trial of a skin patch to treat peanut allergy concludes treatment is safe and modestly effective, with greatest benefits for younger children.
- Medical News Today: Treating a Horsefly Bite: What to Do October 27, 2016Learn what horseflies are and how you can distinguish a horsefly bite from other insect bites. How can a bite be prevented or treated?
- Medical News Today: Men's mental health influenced by blood pressure, heart rate in adolescence October 27, 2016High blood pressure and high heart rate experienced in male teenage years may lead to an increased risk of OCD, schizophrenia, and anxiety disorders.
- Medical News Today: Survival after gunshot injuries predicted with new tool October 27, 2016An innovative medical tool might help hospitals and families make better decisions regarding treatment for patients with brain injury due to gunshots.
- Medical News Today: Stroke vs. Aneurysm: What is the Difference? October 27, 2016What is a stroke, what is an aneurysm, and are they connected? Learn about the telltale symptoms, risk factors and how they may be treated.
- Medical News Today: Sleep loss alters gut microbiota October 26, 2016A small study of healthy men found just 2 days of sleep loss were associated with changes in gut microbiota that previous studies have linked to obesity.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014