Oral Thrush is caused by infection due to Candida Albicans yeast. This Candida fungus is normally already present in the oral cavity and the digestive tract. Your baby may be naturally protected even before...
- Medical News Today: Diet tips to improve insulin resistance March 25, 2017In this article, learn about how to reduce insulin insensitivity and the risk of type 2 diabetes. Which foods should you eat? Which foods should you avoid?
- Medical News Today: How do alcohol and caffeine affect A-fib? March 25, 2017Learn how caffeine and alcohol may affect the heart and if they are triggers for A-fib. Is it safe to consume alcohol and caffeine with A-fib?
- Medical News Today: Hangover memories more likely with a family history of drinking problems March 25, 2017Researchers have found that people with a family history of alcoholism are more likely to have lucid memories of hangover symptoms.
- Medical News Today: Erectile dysfunction: Stem cell therapy restores sexual function in phase I trial March 25, 2017Early trial results reveal how stem cell therapy allowed men with erectile dysfunction to engage in sexual intercourse within 6 months of treatment.
- Medical News Today: Metastatic breast cancer: Symptoms, treatment, and outlook March 25, 2017Metastatic breast cancer can occur if the initial cancer treatment isn't successful and the cancer spreads to other parts of the body. Learn about it here.
- Medical News Today: Spiritual retreats alter brain's reward, emotion centers March 24, 2017New study sheds light on the psychological effects of spiritual retreats, after finding they alter chemical systems in the brain associated with emotion.
- Medical News Today: Parkinson's: 2.5 hours of weekly exercise benefits mobility, quality of life March 24, 2017Researchers have found that patients with Parkinson's disease who exercise for at least 2.5 hours weekly have slower declines in mobility and life quality.
- Medical News Today: Diabetes: Heart attack risk due to loss of small blood vessels around the heart March 24, 2017Study suggests that the higher risk of heart attack in diabetes is due to the loss of small blood vessels around the heart, and it proposes a gene therapy.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014