“Saffron was formerly in great repute as a stimulant, antispasmodic, and emmenagogue; but at present it is scarcely ever employed in this country, or in the United States, as a medicinal agent, except that...
- Medical News Today: What you should know about neurosarcoidosis January 16, 2018A look at neurosarcoidosis, an inflammatory disease that can affect most organs in the body. Included is detail on outlook and the causes compared to MS.
- Medical News Today: Diabetes: Surprising gene discovery could fuel new treatments January 16, 2018Researchers have identified a single gene mutation that may be responsible for both high and low blood sugar levels in a single family.
- Medical News Today: Magic mushrooms: Treating depression without dulling emotions January 16, 2018Antidepressants may cause 'emotional blunting.' Can a 'magic mushroom' compound treat depression while avoiding this side effect? Two new studies explore.
- Medical News Today: How to control your appetite naturally January 16, 2018In this article, learn about natural, risk-free methods to suppress appetite. We look at the science behind how these simple techniques work.
- Medical News Today: How immune cells can be controlled to kill cancer January 16, 2018Researchers have engineered immune system T cells that are primed to find and kill cancer cells and can be remotely activated with noninvasive ultrasound.
- Medical News Today: Thoracotomy: Procedures and recovery January 16, 2018A thoracotomy is a type of surgery that is carried out on the chest. It is often carried out as part of lung cancer treatment or in emergency situations.
- Medical News Today: What is hairy cell leukemia and how is it treated? January 16, 2018Learn all about hairy cell leukemia, a form of hematologic cancer. This article looks at the symptoms, causes, and treatment options for the disease.
- Medical News Today: The perils of sneezing incorrectly January 16, 2018A recently published case study describes a patient who perforated his throat by sneezing. In this article, we explain how you can avoid the same fate.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Tincture Worksheet October 2, 2017
- California Plants Used in Native American Basketry October 2, 2017
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015