Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
- Medical News Today: Polyneuropathy: Causes, symptoms, and treatment April 29, 2017Polyneuropathy is damage to multiple nerves outside of the brain and central nervous system. This can cause pain, discomfort, and mobility difficulties.
- Medical News Today: Diabetes and hypertension: What is the relationship? April 29, 2017Hypertension, or high blood pressure, is linked to diabetes, and each condition can make the other worse. How can people reduce the associated risks?
- Medical News Today: CBD oil: Uses, health benefits, and risks April 29, 2017CBD oil (cannabidiol oil) has a number of alleged benefits. Learn more about the wide range of potential uses, health benefits, and risks here.
- Medical News Today: Apple cider vinegar and diabetes: Does it help and how is it taken? April 29, 2017What do emerging studies say about the health benefits of apple cider vinegar and how it may help diabetes? How is apple cider vinegar consumed?
- Medical News Today: Blood sugar spikes: Causes, symptoms, and prevention April 29, 2017We take a look at blood sugar spikes, including the most common causes, the symptoms to look out for, and the best methods of prevention.
- Medical News Today: Rocky Mountain spotted fever: Symptoms and treatment April 29, 2017A look at Rocky Mountain spotted fever (RMSF). Learn about the most common symptoms, signs, risk factors, and treatment options available here.
- Medical News Today: Going through a breakup? The placebo effect might ease your pain April 29, 2017Researchers reveal how a placebo nasal spray helped to reduce emotional pain for adults who had recently broken up with their partner.
- Medical News Today: One-shot osteoarthritis drug investigated April 29, 2017A new drug that clears up old cells in the joints might one day offer a one-shot cure for osteoarthritis. Early trials yield promising results.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014