Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
- Medical News Today: Regular exercise may safeguard against memory loss October 20, 2016Regular exercise has been found to improve overall thinking skills and cardiovascular capacity in people with vascular cognitive impairment.
- Medical News Today: Eight superfoods you've never heard of but need to know October 20, 2016The Daily Meal report on a variety of largely unknown fruits, vegetables, and other foods that are particularly nutrient-dense, known as superfoods.
- Medical News Today: Schizophrenia secrets found hidden in the folds of DNA October 20, 2016Schizophrenia-related genes have already been identified, but their roles were unclear. New techniques provide a fresh understanding. Folding is the key.
- Medical News Today: Stress hormone in hair could predict IVF outcomes October 19, 2016Women with higher levels of the 'stress hormone' cortisol in their hair may be less likely to become pregnant through IVF than women with lower levels.
- Medical News Today: Football-related concussion: A call for action October 19, 2016The incidence of football-related TBI is reaching epidemic proportions. Dr. Paul Auerbach has suggested changing the rules of the game to stop the problem.
- Medical News Today: Hot flashes in menopause may have genetic links October 19, 2016Study of thousands of American women finds links between 14 common gene variants and menopausal hot flashes, independent of race and ethnicity.
- Medical News Today: Bipolar Disorder and Alcohol: What's the Connection? October 19, 2016Understand how alcohol consumption may be connected to bipolar and why that link exists. This article looks at common symptoms of a bipolar episode.
- Medical News Today: Could migraines be caused by the bacteria in our mouths? October 19, 2016Migraines have proven notoriously difficult to understand. New research points the finger at oral bacteria. Could the culprit have finally been found?
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014