Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
- Medical News Today: Hunger may motivate us more than thirst, fear, or anxiety September 29, 2016A mouse study reveals that hunger may be a stronger motivating force than a number of other driving states, including fear, anxiety, and social needs.
- Medical News Today: Certain NSAIDs may raise the risk of heart failure, study finds September 29, 2016In a new study, researchers have identified nine NSAIDs that - at certain doses - may increase the risk of hospital admission for heart failure.
- Medical News Today: Ultrasmall nanoparticles kill cancer cells in unusual way September 29, 2016Scientists discover ultrasmall cancer-targeting nanoparticles can kill cells without carrying drugs; they use surrounding iron to trigger cell death.
- Medical News Today: Headaches and Menopause: What's the Connection? September 29, 2016Headaches are among the symptoms some women report during menopause. Learn more about what causes them, what other symptoms occur, and treatment options.
- Medical News Today: Mediterranean diet linked to reduced risk of CVD September 29, 2016Greater adherence to the Mediterranean diet could lower the risk of new-onset cardiovascular disease, as well as the risk of death from the condition.
- Medical News Today: Exercise does not reduce multiple sclerosis risk September 29, 2016The full range of risk factors for MS are not yet known. Breaking research shows that one contender - level of physical exercise - seems unlikely.
- Medical News Today: Hormonal contraceptives may raise depression risk September 28, 2016The use of hormonal contraceptives was linked to higher risk of depression and antidepressant use in a new study, especially for teenage girls.
- Medical News Today: What is hyperbaric oxygen therapy good for? September 28, 2016Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is known as a cure for SCUBA divers with decompression illness, but it can be used for other conditions. Find out more.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014