Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
- Medical News Today: The laser probe, the iKnife, and the cutting edge of surgery August 31, 2016Advances in surgery include the iKnife, a tool that analyzes vapor from tissues during surgery to allow a more precise removal of tumors.
- Medical News Today: Brain blood flow reduces when fit older adults stop exercising August 31, 2016Study shows blood flow to parts of the brain important for cognitive health - such as the hippocampus - reduces when fit older adults stop exercising.
- Medical News Today: Temporal Arteritis: Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment August 31, 2016Learn all about temporal arteritis, a condition where the temporal arteries are inflamed. This article looks at the symptoms, causes, and treatment.
- Medical News Today: Heart attack: Younger survivors at risk of early heart disease death August 31, 2016Adults under the age 50 who survive heart attacks have twice the risk of premature death when compared with the general population, research has found.
- Medical News Today: Deadly strep infection in infants could be prevented with breast milk sugars August 31, 2016Naturally occurring sugars present in some women's breast milk have the potential to prevent group B streptococcus infection in babies, researchers find.
- Medical News Today: Early Parkinson's diagnosis moves closer with new protein test August 30, 2016A novel test that detects abnormal alpha-synuclein protein was found to identify Parkinson's patients with 95 percent accuracy, researchers report.
- Medical News Today: PTSD and cognitive decline linked in 9/11 responders August 30, 2016Long-term study involving more than 800 World Trade Center Responders shows that post-traumatic stress disorder has strong links with cognitive decline.
- Medical News Today: Zika treatable with existing drugs, says breakthrough study August 30, 2016Two drugs already approved for other reasons can stop Zika dividing in the body and causing the early fetal cell damage that leads to birth defects.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014