Hawthorn is used traditionally as a cardiac tonic and to relieve high blood pressure. It it easy to obtain and the dried berries provide excellent medicine for various heart conditions.
- Medical News Today: How is breast cancer related to the axillary lymph nodes? October 16, 2017We look at axillary lymph nodes and their relation to breast cancer. We look at the diagnosis and the outlook, as well as more information, here.
- Medical News Today: Leukemia: Cancer cells killed off with diabetes drug October 16, 2017Researchers find that boosting fat cells in the bone marrow using a diabetes drug not only kills off leukemic cells, but it also regenerates healthy ones.
- Medical News Today: Could micronutrient supplements combat ADHD? October 16, 2017ADHD is difficult to treat. Over recent years, the impact of nutrition has come to the fore. New research investigates the potential use of micronutrients.
- Medical News Today: Dietary supplement may help to prevent seizures October 16, 2017Researchers suggest that glucosamine, a dietary supplement, may help to reduce brain cell excitability, bringing us closer to a new therapy for epilepsy.
- Medical News Today: A-fib strikes men a decade earlier than women October 16, 2017New research shows that atrial fibrillation develops in men 10 years earlier on average than in women, and that excess weight is also a factor.
- Medical News Today: Urine test for diabetes: What you need to know October 16, 2017Urine tests for diabetes check for protein, ketones, and glucose. They are frequently used for diagnosing and monitoring diabetes. Learn more.
- Medical News Today: What is psychomotor agitation? October 16, 2017Psychomotor agitation can cause a person to make movements without meaning to. It is a symptom of several conditions, including bipolar disorder.
- Medical News Today: Everything you need to know about ketones October 16, 2017Ketone is a chemical produced by the body when fats are broken down for energy. In this article, we explain ketone tests and how to understand the results.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Tincture Worksheet October 2, 2017
- California Plants Used in Native American Basketry October 2, 2017
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015