Garlic has been used in my family to lower blood pressure and to maintain clean arteries or help remove mild clogging from the arteries. My grandmother used to make a tincture of garlic and...
- Medical News Today: Labor induction: No association with autism July 25, 2016Contrary to a previous study, new research from more than 1.3 million births concludes that there is no association between labor induction and autism.
- Medical News Today: Zika study: 'Up to 1.65 million childbearing women could become infected' July 25, 2016A new method for estimating who in the Americas is at risk of infection suggests over 90 million Zika infections could result from the initial spread.
- Medical News Today: All You Need to Know About External Hemangiomas July 25, 2016External hemangiomas are birthmarks caused by the growth of extra blood vessels. Learn what they look like, as well as how they are diagnosed and treated.
- Medical News Today: Personality, behavioral changes may signal Alzheimer's July 25, 2016Researchers have created a 38-point checklist that they say could identify changes in personality and behavior that may be an early sign of Alzheimer's.
- Medical News Today: Chimp-carried HIV strains can be transferred to humans, study confirms July 25, 2016Researchers from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln confirm that strains of chimp-carried SIVs can infect human cells and subsequently mutate.
- Medical News Today: Simple Home Remedies for Cold Sores July 25, 2016Learn all about a number of home remedies for cold sores. This article also looks at prescribed medication and cold sore prevention tips.
- Medical News Today: Iron deficiency puts a third of pregnant women at risk of complications July 25, 2016New research finds around 35 percent of pregnant women have iron deficiency, increasing their risk of pregnancy complications, such as miscarriage.
- Medical News Today: Chronic fatigue symptoms triggered by nerve, muscle strain July 24, 2016Nerve and muscle strain may prompt symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome, find researchers, suggesting such symptoms could be eased with physical therapy.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014