Garlic has been used in my family to lower blood pressure and to maintain clean arteries or help remove mild clogging from the arteries. My grandmother used to make a tincture of garlic and...
- Medical News Today: Hookworm Infection: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment September 24, 2016Hookworm is an intestinal parasite that is the cause of millions of infections worldwide. Learn about the symptoms and treatment of these infections here.
- Medical News Today: Antidepressant success affected by environmental conditions September 24, 2016Researchers reveal why antidepressants work in some patients but not others. Their findings show antidepressant effectiveness may depend on environment.
- Medical News Today: Hormone changes during menstrual cycle alter problem-solving strategies September 24, 2016Research demonstrates that women's problem solving ability is not altered by hormone fluctuations, but it is handled by different parts of the brain.
- Medical News Today: City design, transport may reduce global burden of disease and injury September 23, 2016Researchers reveal how changes to city design and transport across the globe could reduce the burden of road accidents, CVD, and type 2 diabetes.
- Medical News Today: ALS could be prevented with technique that halts protein clumping September 23, 2016SOD1 gene mutations form protein clumps, leading to motor neuron degeneration in ALS, but researchers may have found a way to halt this process.
- Medical News Today: Unused dental surgery prescriptions may help fuel opioid epidemic September 23, 2016Study suggests half of opioids prescribed to dental surgery patients go unused, creating a surplus that may contribute to the opioid epidemic.
- Medical News Today: Long-term alcohol dependence affects cognitive abilities September 23, 2016New evidence shows that long-term alcohol dependence can significantly disrupt a range of specific cognitive abilities, particularly as we age.
- Medical News Today: Anticellulite Creams: Are They Worth Your Money? September 23, 2016The idea of being able to reduce cellulite with an over-the-counter cream is an attractive one, but do they work? Find out about them and other treatments.
This is a free and independent website, supported mostly by voluntary donations from the people who use the site - people like you. I would like the website to remain as independent as possible, so it would be great if it could be directly supported by the community. Everything is appreciated, and it all helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site.
- Earl Grey tea and muscle cramps May 7, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- TerraVita Herbal Symposium of Southern California March 3, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014