Garlic has been used in my family to lower blood pressure and to maintain clean arteries or help remove mild clogging from the arteries. My grandmother used to make a tincture of garlic and...
- Medical News Today: Ankylosing spondylitis: Symptoms and early signs May 23, 2017Ankylosing spondylitis may begin in the spine but what is it, what are the symptoms, and how is it diagnosed? What are the causes and complications?
- Medical News Today: Just one small glass of wine per day increases breast cancer risk May 23, 2017A new report examines breast cancer risk factors and finds that the equivalent of a daily small glass of wine or beer increases the risk significantly.
- Medical News Today: Obstructive sleep apnea might lead to irregular heartbeat May 23, 2017Patients with obstructive sleep apnea may face a greater risk of atrial fibrillation, or irregular, rapid heartbeat, new research suggests.
- Medical News Today: Avoid fruit juice up to the age of 1 year, say the AAP May 22, 2017Fruit juice offers no nutritional benefit for infants under the age of 1 year and should be avoided, say the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Medical News Today: Ankylosing spondylitis: Progression and outlook May 22, 2017Ankylosing spondylitis is a chronic disorder that causes pain, stiffness, and inflammation. Learn about how it affects the body as it progresses.
- Medical News Today: What does a yellow bruise on the breast mean? May 22, 2017A bruise on the breast may not be cause for concern, but what causes them and when should a doctor be consulted? What other skin changes can occur?
- Medical News Today: Older adults may not benefit from taking statins to prevent heart disease May 22, 2017An analysis of clinical trial data finds no benefit in giving older adults statins for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease.
- Medical News Today: Does moderate drinking really protect against heart disease? May 22, 2017A new review finds the existing research to be biased and suggests that moderate drinking does not stave off heart disease after all.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014