Some of the frequent questions that come up in a conversation with an aspiring herbalist are often about books. It’s not easy to pick the ones that are really valuable and trustworthy without having a deeper understanding about the subject or extensive background info about the authors. I have a nice collection, consisting roughly about 200 books, not to mention the great e-books I acquired over the years. This is a short list of the most valuable books available on plant medicine today.
- Medical News Today: Itchy eyes: Causes and treatment options March 23, 2017How can you relieve itchy or dry eyes? When should you see a doctor? Learn about common causes of this irritating condition and how to manage symptoms.
- Medical News Today: Oral allergy syndrome: Foods, symptoms, and treatments March 23, 2017In this article, learn about the causes of allergic reactions that affect the mouth, lips, tongue, and throat, as well as how to manage the condition.
- Medical News Today: How blind people's brains rewire to improve other senses March 23, 2017Breaking research shows how the brains of blind people are naturally rewired to compensate for the lack of visual input, boosting the remaining senses.
- Medical News Today: Appetite-controlling brain circuits in mice may explain stress eating March 22, 2017A new study examines how two opposing neural pathways in the brain's amygdala are responsible for promoting and suppressing appetite.
- Medical News Today: Poor sense of smell may hinder women's social lives March 22, 2017Researchers have found that older women with a loss in sense of smell tend to have less active social lives than those with a good sense of smell.
- Medical News Today: 'Spray painting' shows promise as minimally invasive way to patch up the heart March 22, 2017Spray painting biomaterials shows promise as a minimally invasive way to create a regenerative patch on the heart to repair tissue after heart attack.
- Medical News Today: HIV lesions: Pictures and treatments March 22, 2017People with HIV can be prone to skin lesions. In this article, we take a close look at the causes and treatments available for the most common types.
- Medical News Today: Lung cancer complications: Signs, treatment, and outlook March 22, 2017In this article, we discuss the most common complications that can develop from lung cancer, including neuropathy, blocked airways, and pleural effusion.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014
- Medicinal Trees: meet the Peruvian Pepper Tree (Schinus molle) May 5, 2014
- California Native Plants: Medicinal use of Monkeyflower (Mimulus aurantiacus var. puniceus) April 28, 2014