Some of the frequent questions that come up in a conversation with an aspiring herbalist are often about books. It’s not easy to pick the ones that are really valuable and trustworthy without having a deeper understanding about the subject or extensive background info about the authors. I have a nice collection, consisting roughly about 200 books, not to mention the great e-books I acquired over the years. This is a short list of the most valuable books available on plant medicine today.
- Medical News Today: Dissociative fugue: Symptoms, causes, and treatment August 21, 2017In this article, learn about dissociative fugue. What is dissociative fugue and how is it diagnosed? What may be the complications and how is it treated?
- Medical News Today: Unexpected memory retrieval mechanism found in landmark study August 21, 2017Researchers reveal the existence of two distinct neural pathways for memory formation and memory retrieval. A little-studied brain region plays a key role.
- Medical News Today: How to get rid of dizziness: Medications and remedies August 21, 2017There are many potential causes for dizziness, and it can cause a lot of distress in daily life. Learn how to prevent and manage dizziness effectively.
- Medical News Today: Prolonged sitting and frailty a deadly combination August 21, 2017Middle-aged and older adults who have low levels of physical activity may be at greater risk of death as a result of prolonged sitting, researchers find.
- Medical News Today: Shy bladder: Causes and treatments August 20, 2017Shy bladder describes a condition where a person finds it difficult to urinate when there are other people nearby. It is usually caused by anxiety.
- Medical News Today: Four natural ways to get rid of a suntan August 20, 2017In this article, learn about the natural ways to get rid of a suntan, how to prevent a suntan, and the risks of sun damage to the skin.
- Medical News Today: Does platelet-rich plasma for the knee work? August 20, 2017The use of platelet-rich plasma as a treatment for knee pain is relatively new, and becoming more popular. Learn about this alternative treatment.
- Medical News Today: Schizophrenia: Common amino acid could hold key, study finds August 20, 2017A new in vivo study suggesting that a common amino acid is linked to schizophrenia brings hope that this discovery could lead to novel treatments.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015
- Howie Brounstein & Steven Yeager: Bitters, Digestion, and Oregon Grape March 3, 2015
- Beat Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) without antibiotics May 20, 2014