Anemopsis californica – Ethnobotany & medicinal uses I learnt most about Yerba Mansa from Michael Cottingham, New Mexico based herbalist. He is working on a book dedicated entirely to Yerba Mansa. (Help him raise...
- Medical News Today: What are the symptoms of a broken foot? February 19, 2018A look at the symptoms that can be a sign that a foot bone is broken. Included is detail on the structure of the foot and how a broken bone is diagnosed.
- Medical News Today: It's official: Pets benefit our mental health February 19, 2018A systematic review of existing studies lists the many ways in which pets provide people with mental health issues some much-needed comfort.
- Medical News Today: Drinking soda daily may harm your fertility February 19, 2018Researchers have uncovered a link between conception and soda: drinking it daily could harm your chances of becoming pregnant. This goes for men and women.
- Medical News Today: Osteoarthritis: Could researchers have found the key to prevention? February 18, 2018Researchers reveal how FoxO proteins are important for joint health, and how increasing the levels of these proteins could prevent or treat osteoarthritis.
- Medical News Today: How making fun of yourself can make you happy February 18, 2018A new study has examined the psychological benefits and disadvantages of self-deprecating humor. The findings may come as a surprise for many.
- Medical News Today: Single dads twice as likely to die prematurely February 17, 2018Single fathers are more than twice as likely to die prematurely than their partnered counterparts or single moms, suggests a large-scale new study.
- Medical News Today: Just 1 hour of gaming may improve attention February 17, 2018Researchers found that playing a video game for just 1 hour led to an increase in brain activity and improved visual selective attention.
- Medical News Today: How can I get rid of milia? February 16, 2018Is it possible to remove milia? We look at home remedies, medical treatments, and ways to prevent these small, white bumps from occurring.
Your generosity helps to support me as I develop and maintain the site. Thank you.
- Tincture Worksheet October 2, 2017
- California Plants Used in Native American Basketry October 2, 2017
- Botanical treatments for Herpes (HSV1 and HSV2) July 13, 2017
- California Poppy (Eschscholzia californica) July 9, 2017
- Research: Pharmacological properties of Datura stramonium November 30, 2016
- Black Sage (Salvia mellifera) May 1, 2016
- Tincture making: Calculations for alcohol of different proofs September 5, 2015
- YERBA MANSA (Anemopsis californica) | Ethnobotany & medicinal uses August 15, 2015
- Natural painkillers (part 1) – Corydalis for chronic pain (ie. arthritis) August 10, 2015
- Where does Echinacea come from? May 6, 2015